2010年9月20日星期一

Jarret Johnson expects to play Sunday

Dallas Cowboys jersey
OWINGS MILLS, Md. – Although Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Jarret Johnson(notes) didn’t practice for consecutive days due to a back injury, he predicted that he won’t have any problems playing Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals.
He’s listed as questionable on the injury report.
“I’m good,” Johnson said Friday after practice. “I’m good to go.”
Johnson is known for his durability. And he football jerseys
downplayed the severity of the injury, which involves back spasms.
The last time Johnson missed a game was seven years ago: Dec. 21, 2003.
“We decided not to take a chance of putting it back into spasms,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “So, they do a good job of taking care of that.”
Meanwhile, tight end Todd Heap(notes) expects to play Sunday after being limited in practice for the past two days with a strained right shoulder.
“I’m feeling better every day,” Heap said. “I feel good right now. I have to see how it feels on Sunday. It felt better.”
Rookie nose guard Terrence "Mount" Cody is hoping to make his NFL debut Steelers jersey
after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee during the preseason.
Cody was out for the opening game against the New York Jets, but practiced on a limited basis this week and is questionable on the injury report.
“I feel like it’s pretty good,” said Cody, who indicated that his knee isn’t quite 100 percent yet. “The only thing that could stop me is if the coaches don’t let me play. I’m just real excited to get out there and show what I can do and how much of a good player I am.”
Middle linebacker Ray Lewis(notes) said that his foot injury isn’t a big issue. He practiced all week, but is questionable on the injury report as well as inside linebackers Jameel McClain(notes) (knee) and Tavares Gooden(notes) (thigh).
“I’m good,” Lewis said.
The Ravens appear to be getting cornerback Lardarius Webb(notes) ready for Sunday.
He’s no longer on the injury report.
“I think there’s a chance he’ll play,” Harbaugh said. “It just depends on how he feels as we get close to the game. We said last week he practiced 100 percent, and he did. And he’s practiced 100 percent again this week. So, he’s doing well.”
Webb, who tore his anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee Vikings jersey
Dec. 20 against the Chicago Bears, predicted that he’ll be a game-time decision.
“Ain’t nothing really changed,” Webb said. It’s the same thing, going to be the same decision.”

没有评论:

发表评论